- The classic World of Warcraft didn't really have much of a story but had different storylines for each major patch such as defeating Ragnaros or the Old God, Cthun.
- The Burning Crusade: After demons emerge from the Dark Portal, the Adventurers must stand against the Burning Legion as well as defeat Illidan Stormrage and save all of Azeroth from Kil'Jaeden.
- Wrath of the Lich King: After defeating Kil'Jaeden, the Adventures must now face off against the Scourge and take down the Lich King, Arthas. After defeating Arthas and Bolvar Fordragon taking his place to keep the Scourge in check, a twilight dragon heralds the return of a powerful evil.
- Cataclysm: Sometime after the defeat of the Scourge, the Twilight's Hammer have allied themselves with the evil Deathwing, whose return has caused a second Sundering of Azeroth. Adventurers must find a way to destroy Deathwing or the Hour of Twilight will end all life.
- Mists of Pandaria: Shortly after Deathwing's destruction, the Alliance and Horde go to war against one another and eventually rediscover the lost continent of Pandaria. Taking their war there awakens an ancient evil known as the Sha. Allying themselves with the Pandaren, the Alliance and the Horde must defeat the Sha Primes and stop Garrosh from harnessing their power.
- Warlords of Draenor: After defeating Garrosh and destroying the Heart of Y'Shaarj ending the curse of the Sha, Garrosh escapes custody and with the aid of a bronze dragon, creates an alternate timeline in Draenor, and along with Grommash Hellscream, forms the Iron Horde to conquer Azeroth. Adventures must now venture into a savage land and stop history from repeating itself.
- Legion: The tomb of Sargeras has been opened and the Burning Legion is once again invading Azeroth with a force even greater than what was seen in the War of the Ancients. Adventures must now gather powerful weapons before the demons summon their leader and all of Azeroth is lost.
Why It Rocks
- Numerous quests that number in the hundreds of thousands
- Play as either the Alliance or Horde
- Each race has different abilities that are useful for combat, PVP, and crafting
- Numerous crafting skills. Primary crafting skills are: Blacksmithing, Enchanting, Alchemy, Jewelcrafting (introduced in The Burning Crusade,) Engineering, Inscription (introduced in Wrath of the Lich King), Tailoring, and Leatherworking. Secondary crafting skills are Cooking, First Aid, and Archaeology (introduced in Cataclysm)
- Gathering skills include: skinning, herbalism, mining, and fishing
- Tons of recipes for each crafting skill
- Joining a guild to work alongside other players allows players to make friends and aid each other
- The Old Gods are heavily inspired by the works of H.P. Lovecraft.
- Each expansion has a unique storyline and raises the level cap and adds new features
- Very popular with animators working with Machinma
- Due to how addictive the game is, the game is the result of many deaths, literally.
- With numerous players, you can run into massive jerks (A problem with online multiplayer in general).
World of Warcraft is often considered one of the best video games ever made and at its peak had over 11 million gamers playing it. However, due to its longevity, World of Warcraft slowly declined in popularity and slowly players began leaving the game. The game currently has around 5 million players.