The Simpsons: Hit & Run is an action-adventure video game based on the American animated sitcom The Simpsons, developed by Radical Entertainment and published by Vivendi Universal Games and Sierra Entertainment. It was released for the PlayStation 2, Xbox, GameCube and Microsoft Windows on September 16, 2003. The story and dialogue were crafted by writers from The Simpsons, with all character voices supplied by the actual cast.
The story follows the Simpson family, who witness many strange incidents that occur in Springfield: security cameras, mysterious vans, crop circles, and a "new and improved" flavor of the popular soft drink Buzz Cola (which causes insanity). When the family takes matters into their own hands, along with the help of Apu, they discover numerous shocking secrets, and soon realize these incidents are part of a larger alien conspiracy.
Why it Rocks
- Tons of missions, races and minigame levels.
- You can play as all the cast of The Simpsons series like Homer, Bart, Lisa, Marge and Apu.
- The gameplay is the same thing like the Grand Theft Auto series and make it kid-friendly.
- Hardcore and fun levels.
- The rest of the actual cast reprise their roles from the show.
- Easy-to-find Easter eggs that give you secret cars.
- Catchy music.
- In the PC version, you can make a mod on your favorite video game. There's even a Simpsons: Road Rage mod, which is significantly better than the actual game.