The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess is a video game and part of the Legend of Zelda franchise, the thirteenth installment overall. It was released in 2006 for the GameCube and was the first Zelda game to be debuted for a home console when it was also released for the Nintendo Wii. The game was developed and published by Nintendo. A high-definition remaster remake for the Nintendo Wii U was released in March 2016.
Link, a young rancher, goes to rescue the children of Ordon Village when he is whisked away to another dimension called the Twilight Realm. The Twilight Realm transforms him into a wolf and Link learns from a mischievous sprite that the dimension will soon blanket all of Hyrule. Link must traverse both realms with the aid of his new ally and to stop the merging and learn the secret of the Twilight Princess.
Why It Rocks
- Both Wolf Link and Human Link have their share of abilities necessary to complete the game.
- Numerous secondary items and weapons that can be found in dungeons.
- Solid gameplay.
- Midna offers advice like Navi but also uses abilities to aid Link in his quest.
- Awesome story.
- Amazing Graphics.
- Tones of bosses.
- Fantastic music.
- Very large world.
- Numerous sidequests.
- Tones of fun power ups and items.
- For the ladies, this is the first Zelda game to have Link go shirtless.
- Pacing issues in the first few hours.
- The game has two game-breaking glitches.
Both the Gamecube and Wii versions have a rating of over 4 out of five on GameFAQS.