Super Castlevania IV is a remake of the original Castlevania on the Nintendo Entertainment System. Super Castlevania IV was released for the Super Nintendo Entertainment System on Halloween 1991. It was developed and published by Konami.
A century has passed since the evil Count Dracula was defeated by the Belmont Clan. Now the forces of evil have grown in strength and Dracula has risen from the grave. Simon Belmont must now travel to Castlevania and fight Dracula's minions and the demonic vampire himself or the world will be plunged in eternal darkness.
Why It Rocks
- Simon can aim his whip in eight different directions
- Simon can also let his whip limp down. This is useful for blocking projectiles
- Eleven levels
- Awesome soundtrack and the last few levels use a remix of music of the original trilogy on the NES
- Superb graphics
- Extreme detail on the visuals. One example occurred at the beginning of the game. There is a rock shaped like a skull and you can see two bats fly out of it
- Many classic monster act as bosses such as Medusa and the Frankenstein Monster
- Challenging and rewarding difficulty
- Very good controls
- Simon can grab onto rings with his whip and swing to other platforms
- Unlimited continues
- Before you face Dracula, there is a secret spot that can help get you full power-ups to prepare you for the final battle
- Awesome ending
Super Castlevania IV is considered one of the best games ever released for the Super Nintendo and is James Rolfe's all time favorite Castlevania game.