Development began in 2009 after South Park creators Trey Parker and Matt Stone approached Obsidian about making a role-playing game designed to look exactly like the television series. Parker and Stone were involved throughout the game's production: they wrote its script, consulted on the design, and as in the television program they voiced many of the characters. The Stick of Truth 's production was turbulent, its release date was postponed several times from its initial date in March 2013 to its eventual release in March 2014. There was also a change of publisher, following the bankruptcy of THQ, the original publisher. The game's rights were purchased by Ubisoft in early 2013.
The New Kid has moved to the quiet little mountain town known as South Park, then he meets with Eric Cartman, Butters and Princess Kenny who need The New Kid's help to protect the Stick of Truth which can control the universe.
Why It Rocks
- You can create your own character that you are in the story of South Park featuring your parents.
- Awesome role-playing gameplay.
- Some of your party members have an great special attacks to fight against at your enemies.
- Badass music of overworld and battle.
- Funniest lines of the characters.
- Nazis Zombies with Hitler speech.
- Feels like in the South Park television series with all the characters, references from the past 17 seasons (dates all the way back from Season 17) that occurred throughout the game, and including some that hadn't appeared in years...
- At the end of the game New Kid says "Screw you guys, I'm going home", which surprised many players as they thought New Kid was never going to speak throughout the game.
- The graphics look exactly the same as the TV show.
- Used to parody media just like the television series.