Wander, a young man takes a deceased girl named Mono to a forbidden land and makes a pact with a powerful entity known as Dormin, who according to legend, has the power to awaken the dead. If Wander can defeat sixteen gargantuan beasts knows as the Colossus, Dormin promises to revive Mono, though Wander will have to pay a heavy price.
Why It Rocks
- Immense landscape
- No other enemy to fight other than the Colossi
- Each Colossus requires a different strategy to defeat
- Eating the tails of lizards increases Wander's stamina gauge, which is beneficial when climbing some Colossi and finding certain fruit increases his health
- Wander can locate Colossi by raising his sword in the sunlight which converge in the right direction. Using this method on a Colossus will show its weak spots
- Awesome soundtrack
- The Ico & Shadow of the Colossus Collection has additional content
- It's getting a remastered release for PS4
Shadow of the Colossus is often considered an important example of video games as art due to Wander's emotional journey, immense landscapes and immersive gameplay. In Japan, 140,000 copies of the game were sold in its first week at retail.