Gamers take control of a submarine and must rescue six divers with each level. Enemies in the game are sharks and enemy subs. A patrol ship floats by on the surface every so often and touching that will make he submarine explode. After collecting six divers, players must surface to the top to complete the level. The submarine also has an oxygen meter and must surface to get more air. Surfacing with a diver will make you lose a diver if you do this.
Why It Rocks
- Every 10,000 points you get nets you an extra life, up to a maximum of six lives
- Killing enemies yield 20 points and each diver saved is worth fifty....at first
- As you continue rescuing divers, the number of points you receive from rescuing divers and killing enemies increase. Each six divers rescued will allow you to receive ten additional points for killing enemies, allowing for a maximum of 90 points and receive 50 additional points for every diver recued up to a maximum of 1000 points
- The amount of air the submarine has left also contributes to score. The higher the oxygen bar is, the more points you can receive
- The game becomes more intense and challenging as you play
Seaquest has a rating of 3.84 on GameFAQs.