Roblox is an online sandbox game created by the Roblox Corporation in 2006 for Microsoft Windows, Mac and Linux. The game is about other players making their own games on the website. Other things you can do in the game is chatting with others online, buy things for your character, and so on.
Why It Rocks
- It has gained a cult following on the internet, mainly on YouTube. Some people devote their channels to playing ROBLOX ironically, and those videos are actually pretty funny and fun to watch. The most well known channels who do this are AlbertsStuff and Michael P.
- Decent games such as Work at a Pizza Place by Dued1 , and Super Nostalgia Zone by CloneTrooper1019, a game that simulates how ROBLOX was back in 2006-2008, even JJ5X5's classic Thrillville Theme Park was added.
- You can create groups, audio tracks, decals, and meshes, as well as t-shirts, shirts, and pants for your avatar.
- It spawned various merchandising. Even toys were made as well, and they include codes you can redeem to obtain accessories for your Roblox avatar to wear.
- As of September 27, 2017, all players, including Non-BC members, can now have up to a maximum of 200 active places.
- You can import anything into Blender, which is also free to download.
- Team Create allows you and other players to build together in ROBLOX Studio.
- Many tutorials on Roblox Wiki, Roblox Developers Forums, and the Roblox Forums that teaches new and inexperienced users on how to build and/or script in ROBLOX Studio.
- The new R15 avatar update. Players can switch between the R6 and R15 avatars.
- Roblox games use Lua for scripting and programming purposes, meaning that it is a decent starting point to figure out how to program, for those people who are looking to program applications and games in the future.
- Fun events such as Egg Hunt 2018: The Great Yolktales.
- Roblox's quality started to plummet dramatically in the recent years, due to various reasons. For more info read here.
As of 2018, Roblox has over 80 million registered users.