Two months after the mansion incident, mercenaries from Umbrella attack William Birkin for the G-Virus and mortally wound him. Injecting himself with some G-Virus himself before he dies, Birkin mutates into a monster kills most of the mercenaries. The chaos however releases the T-Virus which is carried by rats. By the time Leon Scott Kennedy and Claire Redfield enter Raccoon City, it is overrun by zombies and monsters. Now Leon and Claire must escape the town alive and save Birkin's daughter Sherry.
Why It Rocks
- Limited ammunition to make sure players are smart to converse it when needed.
- Horrific monsters, including the Licker.
- Some items can be combined in the inventory such as herbs, and weapon parts.
- Birkin mutates further as the game progresses.
- Numerous puzzles.
- Beating the game one time allows you to replay it with the second player. Beating it again will allow access to the true ending.
- Your actions in the first playthrough will affect the second.
- Introduced the franchise to Leon Scott Kennedy, who is considered the second main protagonist in Resident Evil, along with Claire Redfield and Ada Wong.
- The game is pretty short, taking three hours to beat both parts of the main scenario.
The original PlayStation version of the game has a rating of 4.36 on GameFAQs. The Nintendo 64 version of the game has a rating of 4.19 rating on GameFAQs. The Dreamcast version has a rating of 4.36 on GameFAQs. The GameCube version has a rating of 4.30 on GameFAQs. The PC version has a rating of 4.27 rating on GameFAQs. The Game.com version is the lowest rated with a rating of 2.70 rating on GameFAQs.