It was published and developed by Rockstar Games.
Taking place in 1911 the game tells the story of John Marston, a former outlaw who is taken from his family and forced by the Bureau of Investigation to bring the remaining members of his old gang to justice.
Why It Rocks
- John can take cover during combat.
- Numerous odd-jobs that John can undergo to obtain cash.
- Very large open world.
- John can discover herbs to sell to medics and raise skills.
- John can hunt downs several animals for new skills and achievements.
- A morality system.
- Many random events can occur such as killing bandits raiding a town or rescuing people from certain death.
- Excellent voice acting.
- Zombies.(Undead Nightmare DLC)
- gritty story about the wild west going into modern times
- John Marston is an amazing and compiling character
- The Finger Five Fillet is considered one of the hardest minigames on the entire series.
- Speaking that the Finger Five Fillet are the hardest minigames is very impossible to attain 100% completion.
Red Dead Redemption is regarded as one of the best games ever made. On GameFAQs, the 360 version of the game has a 4.40 rating and the PlayStation 3 version has a rating 4.41.
The Undead Nightmare DLC expansion became a stand alone game, with its own physical copy. In 2011, a Game of the Year Edition was released.