It was published and developed by Rockstar Games.
Taking place in 1911 the game tells the story of John Marston, a former outlaw who is taken from his family and forced by the Bureau of Investigation to bring the remaining members of his old gang to justice.
Why It Rocks
- John can take cover during combat.
- Numerous odd-jobs that John can undergo to obtain cash.
- Very large open world.
- John can discover herbs to sell to medics and raise skills.
- John can hunt downs several animals for new skills and achievements.
- A morality system.
- Many random events can occur such as killing bandits raiding a town or rescuing people from certain death.
- Excellent voice acting.
- Zombies.(Undead Nightmare DLC)
- The Finger Five Fillet is considered one of the hardest minigames on the entire series.
Red Dead Redemption is regarded as one of the best games ever made. On GameFAQs, the 360 version of the game has a 4.40 rating and the PlayStation 3 version has a rating 4.41.
The Undead Nightmare DLC expansion became a stand alone game, with its own physical copy. In 2011, a Game of the Year Edition was released.