Mystical Ninja Starring Goemon was part of the Ganbare Goemon franchise one of the small number of Ganbare Goemon games released to the U.S. It was released for the Nintendo 64.
Goemon and his allies, Ebisumaru, Yae, and Sasuke, must save Japan after the Peach Mountain Shogun, a part of the criminal syndicate, the Flake Gang, plot to transform all of Japan into a giant stage for fame.
Why It Rocks
- Humorous and funny storyline.
- Impressive graphics for the time.
- Each character can obtain different tools and weapons, some of which are necessary to advance through the game.
- Three moments where you pilot the giant robot Impact in FP style giant robot boss battles.
- Large world to explore.
- Hidden in the game are silver fortune dolls and golden fortune dolls. Collect four silver fortune dolls to upgrade your health and collect one golden fortune doll for the same effect.
- Each character has a unique ability that can be unlocked through gyms.
- Goemon can increase his strength to move metal boxes and deal double damage, though he can also receive double damage.
- Ebisumaru can shrink in size to fit through tiny holes.
- Yae can transform into a mermaid to explore underwater areas.
- Sasuke can reach higher platforms with his rocket jumps.
The game has a 4.16 rating out of 5 at GameFAQS.