Kid Icarus: Uprising is a video game for the Nintendo 3DS released in 2012. It is the third game in the Kid Icarus series and was released twenty years after Kid Icarus: Of Myths and Monsters and 26 years after the original. It was developed by Project Sora and published by Nintendo.
Medusa who had been defeated 25 years ago has revived and resumed her invasion on the humans. Palutena sends Pit to fight back against the Underworld and defeat Medusa once more. But how did Medusa resurrect? Is there someone else behind the Underworld invasion?
Why It Rocks
- Each stage has 2 mains sections: Air and Ground.
- Numerous stages.
- The true enemy of the Kid Icarus series is revealed.
- Spending hearts gathered from enemies can be used to increase the intensity (difficulty) of a level. The harder the level you complete, the better the rewards. This mechanic was eventually carried over to Super Smash Bros. for Wii U and 3DS' Classic Mode.
- Nine different types of weapons: bows, claws, blades, palms, cannons, clubs, orbitars, staffs and arms. Each has their own strengths and weaknesses.
- Tons of additional content.
- One mini-game requires you to spend play coins to obtain eggs to obtain character and background models. Better start walking.
- Online multiplayer.
- Great music. It helps that many well known composers contributed to the soundtrack, including Motoi Sakuraba (composer for the Tales series and the Golden Sun games), Masafumi Takada (composer for the Danganronpa series), Yuzo Koshiro (composer for the Etrian Odyssey series), and even Yatsunori Mitsudsa (composer for Chrono Trigger and the Inazuma Eleven series).
- Great humor and writing.
- Excellent graphics.
- Great voice acting, including such talented people as Antony Del Rio (Pit and Dark Pit), Hynden Walch (Viridi), Ali Hillis (Palutena), and many more.
Kid Icarus: Uprising has a rating of 4.33 out of 5 on GameFAQS.