Kaboom! was a video game made for the Atari 2600 and an unauthorized version of the Atari arcade game, Avalanche. It was developed and published by Activision. It was also ported to the Atari 5200 and Atari 8-bit family computers.
The Mad Bomber is throwing bombs on the ground so players must use three baskets to catch the bombs. With each bomb you miss, you lose one basket. The game ends if all the baskets disappear.
Why It Rocks
- The difficulty selection makes the baskets bigger or small depending on the challenge
- Used the Paddle controllers for excellent control
- As the game goes on, the Mad Bomber throws bombs faster and faster, increasing the challenge with each level. there are seven levels altogether
- If you manage to collect 1000 points, you will be awarded an extra basket (but only if you had lost one previously)
- The score system multiplies itself with each level, increasing the number of points you get from each bomb you collect
By 1983, Kaboom had sold over one million copies.
- A 16-bit version of the game was announced for the Super Nintendo Entertainment System, but it was canceled.
- It is one of the titles in the Activision Anthology compilation.