Grand Theft Auto V is an open world action-adventure video game developed by Rockstar North and published by Rockstar Games. It was released on 17 September 2013 for the PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360, on 18 November 2014 for the PlayStation 4 and Xbox One, and on 14 April 2015 for Microsoft Windows.
Why It Rocks
- Considering this was released 5 years ago, the game features one of the most realistic graphics ever seen in a video game.
- The map is the same size as real world Manhattan in New York and is even bigger than the map in San Andreas.
- Not one, but three playable characters, all with different abilities. For example, Franklin, one of the main characters, has a ability where you can go in slow motion when driving. Plus, the game has moments where you have to do choices.
- Lots of violence and mature content.
- More missions and extra content than ever.
- Grand Theft Auto Online, the online multiplayer mode, lets up to 30 players explore the game's open world and engage in cooperative or competitive game matches.
- Tons of and weapons and costume that had unique abilities.
- Over 750 Vehicles available. You can also tune and spray your cars to a much bigger extent.
- A lot of bonus content, Easter eggs, and Myths to discover, two of those being an alien and the Bigfoot.
- It's the first GTA game that features interactive animals and wildlife (unlike in San Andreas, where animals are just uninteractive 2D sprites), you can dive via scuba or submarine to watch and encounter Sharks and Whales, Hunt deer in forests and you can even play as animals in the newer versions.
- Lots of hours of gameplay
- Besides story missions, you can explore the huge open world at leisure
- Awesome soundtrack courtesy of the game's many Radio Stations
- The game features an auto-aim and cover system.
- A lot of minigames available.
- Each character has a smartphone for contacting friends, starting activities and accessing an in-game Internet
- You now can fly large airplanes (Such as a cargo plane, a Boeing 747 or a C-130) or jet fighters, like in San Andreas and differently from IV.
- A skill system similar to that of San Andreas, except that said bars don't decrease automatically, since they are all related to the character's skill in something.
- In the PS4, Xbox One, and PC versions of the game, the first person mode was introduced in the series for the first time and can be accessed normally without resorting to hacking and mods.
- Its DLC adds tons of new contents. AND THEY'RE FREE!!!
- Lots of ridiculous and funny mods.
- Adds a new garage named Benny's Original Motor Works in which you can make your car look like a lowrider or a LM racing car adding new steering wheels, ornaments, seats and new interior liveries.
- Several VIP, CEO or Bunker missios grants lots of money.
- The Banshee has the actual Dodge Viper engine sound.
- Ties with IV for lamest 100% rewards ever. Not only that, but LOADS of things are not necessary for 100% completion. In fact, there are probably more things that don't contribute to 100% than the ones which do.
- Speaking about rewards, there is very little reason for doing most of the Stranger and Freaks missions and missions in general, since the ones that give out a good reward are extremely few. They are at least mostly fun, even if otherwise pointless.
- It has a toxic playerbase, filled with bunch of rage quitters, underage kids, bad teammates, bad sports, hackers or DDoSers, K/D Warriors (people that kill good sports or RDM constantly!), and sore losers.
- Speaking of this, this makes the Freemode events like Moving Target are impossible to complete due to the high level of toxic fanbase due the players always kill you.
- The heists and doomsday heists (except Fleeca Job from the original Heists update) are the hardest missions never seen in other GTA series due to the toxic fanbase due no matter if you are a good or bad sport, you always invite unskilled players (mostly little immature kids between 8-12 ages) in which his/her ranks are 50 or lower forcing you to expulse him/her and most of cases that you invite the group, he/she dies TOO MANY TIMES rage quitting your crewmate or doing stupid things so as shooting in places that cannot be shot or destroying important cars for missions which is very annoying if you are a skilled player. Worse of all inviting skilled players most of them has high tendency to shut down his/her internet connection in which winning lots of money in the enhanced versions of game extremely harder and almost impossible. The most infamous impossible events to complete due to this toxic fanbase are The Pacific Standard Job from The Heists Update and The Doomsday Scenario in which those heists grants too much money.
- Most of the DLC items are not available in single player, and in multiplayer they cost ridiculous amounts of money in which grinding money is very difficult for beginners like in Asphalt 8 Airborne.
- Bad police AI. (Compared to the one from GTA IV)
- Sometimes, you get a wanted star for no reason in Online.
- If you go to a street race, muscle cars are superior than sports and super ones because the latter two have an habit to spinout, despite being faster and prettier. If it is an offroad truck race, the BF Injection (old Volkswagen Beetle-like car with big wheels that appears around where Trevor lives if you're not good with names) is preferable.
- Some tips regarding the Hunting minigame:
- DO NOT KILL FEMALE ELK. If Cletus' warning didn't convince you, they give out a grand total of 13 bucks and a whopping 0 points. Also, the females don't have antlers, while the males do.
- The most "painful" way of killing elk is shooting at their heart. If that proves to be too difficult, aim for the neck.
- Cougars are very dangerous and kill you in a single attack. However, they can be easily identified by their roaring and Trevor says things like "I smell a big cat" when they're close. Immediately activate Trevor's special ability to survive the cougar's attack and then kill them. If your special bar is empty, shoot at it with a pistol as quick as possible
- To gain money easily in GTA Online you must fill your garage of Elegy RH8s, take a street car (that is not a high-end vehicle) to Los Santos Customs and fully tune it with expensive chrome rims. Go to a race which is very close to the garage that you filled with Elegy RH8s, park the car near to the circle path and start a contact mission via phone. Exit the mission activity, go to the car you parked it, park the car in the circle to start the race, get down of the car and start the race activity. Once you're on the activity, exit the race activity and the same car is parked near to your way. Take the car to your garage and go to the same race you entered. Start the race and when the time counter reaches zero, open the phone and exit the race. Once you exit the race, your car appear on the same way you do and if you get in the car, the personal vehicle radar doesn't appear which is considered a vehicle duplication. To duplicate a chain of 10x vehicles in your garage you must repeat the same steps and when you have all 10 duplicated cars. All you do is sell one of your cars and you must wait 48 minutes to sell another vehicle. One tuned vehicle grants vary of the vehicle category ranging of 120.000-180.000 by fully tuning your ride in which selling all of your rides will grant 1.200.000-1.800.000. This glitch does not work in enhanced versions.
Grand Theft Auto V received widespread critical acclaim, with praise directed at its multiple protagonist design, open world, presentation and gameplay.
Grand Theft Auto V hold 7 Guinness World Records in term of profits for example ; The Most Selling Video Games in The Release Date with over 11.2 Million copies sold on release date. The Fastest Video Game/Entertainment Content That earned Billions, And The Highest Profits earned in first 24 hours with $860 Million in first 24 hours of release date.
Considered one of seventh generation console gaming's most significant titles, it won year-end accolades including Game of the Year awards from several gaming publications. It has shipped over 65 million copies and is one of the best-selling video games of all time.