Gods Eater Burst is a 2011 action role-playing game for the PlayStation Portable, developed and published by Bandai Namco Entertainment in Japan and published by D3 Publisher in North America.
Why it rocks
- Gameplay similar to the Monster Hunter series.
- Many weapons and armor create and use.
- An actual plot, unlike many similar games.
- Breath-taking graphics.
- Awesome, epic and heavy soundtrack.
- Mission-based single-player mode which consists over 100 missions.
- Co-operative play of up to three teammates over local adhoc wireless multiplayer or AI-controlled teammates.
- Players' sole weapon is the God Arc; a unique weapon that can instantly switch to four different forms: Blade, Gun, Shield and Predator.
- Over 50 different enemy types and bosses to defeat.
- The game features up to 80 to 100 hours of gameplay.
- AI teammates can use "Link Aid" to revive team members by sacrificing some HP of their own.
- Many downloadable missions and content.
The game received mixed to positive reviews, with a 71% on Metacritic and 74% on Game Rankings. The game scored well in Japanese gaming magazine Famitsu, which gave a total score of 34 out of 40.
Gamespot gave this game a 7.5 out of 10.