An unnamed space marine is shipped to Mars to guard to act as security for the Union Aerospace Corporation. During an experiment involving teleportation, a device creates a portal to Hell and unleashes demons and evil forces on the Mars base, making Deimos disappear and causing the scientists and security guards to die horribly while the evil revives them as zombies. It's up to the Marine to fight off the demons and zombies, before Earth becomes the next to fall.
Why It Rocks
- This, along with Wolfenstein 3D, helped in creating the First Person Shooter genre of video games.
- Many weapons are available to marine and the strongest are available near the end.
- The marine you play is so tough, even Hell can't handle him.
- Tons of demons to kill.
- The game features a number of secrets that contain a of power-ups, armor, weapons, and ammunition.
- The game also helped to popularize multiplayer deathmatches.
- One of the first violent video games that were meant for adults.
- One of the weapons you can use is the chainsaw, which has unlimited use and can kill a demon in less than a second.
- There's STILL a modding community that has been going strong since 1994.
Since its creation, over 10 million copies of the franchise have been sold.
In GAG: The Impotent Mystery this game has parodied into VROOM 666 in laptop with Doors 97 OS location.