Bayonetta, a witch awakened from a 500 year-old slumber and has amnesia, must fight the angels of Paradiso to obtain the Right Eye, a magic jewel that is paired with the Left Eye to form the Eyes of the World.
Why It Rocks
- Combat is easy to learn but doesn't affect challenge
- Impressive boss battles
- The Witch Time ability that activates when Bayonetta dodges an attack at the right moment. Witch Time causes time to slow down around her allowing her to easily perform combos on her enemies
- Bayonetta can use both melee and ranged weapons to take down different types of opponents
- Bayonetta can shapeshift into a number of beasts, the most common being a panther for swift travel and jumping over large gaps
- Tons of unlockables and documents
- Well thought out story
- Bayonetta is a smart confident woman who shows no fear in the face of danger
Bad Qualities (PS3 version only)
- Blurry washed-out graphics.
- Long and frequent load times( It loads when you pause the game, open the save menu).
- unstable frame-rate that stutters between 15 and 55 frames per seconds endlessly.
- PlatinumGames considers this port to be their biggest failure and are considering the idea of disowning it.
Bayonetta is often considered a woman's power fantasy due to the fact that she doesn't require rescue, uses her sexuality to humiliate her enemies and saves the world by herself.